I am sure you have heard the saying ‘You are what you eat’. There is much truth to this. Your body breaks down the food you eat in order to absorb the nutrients in the form of vitamins and minerals. The systems in your body require these nutrients to build the ‘stuff’ of your physical body such as muscles, nerves, and blood vessels.
What do you want your body to be made with?
Dining on pre-packaged items, made in factories and on assembly lines, means that the food you are eating has likely been altered from its original form. Our bodies need to do extra work to break down, absorb, and decipher nutrients from these man-made foods. We are also absorbing substances that are foreign and others that can be toxic, like dyes and food colouring. Dyes and other toxic items may be causing your headaches.
You can build a better, pain-free body by consuming real, natural food.
- Eat lots of fruit and vegetables, preferably organic, in a variety of colours and textures.
- Buy your meat from the meat counter or directly from a farmer.
- Consume ancient grains, such as quinoa, buckwheat, millet and spelt, rather than genetically modified corn and wheat products.
What else can you do to feed your body well and maintain great health?
- Eat less refined sugar; switch to raw cane sugar or use stevia.
- Consume less iodized salt; switch to sea salt.
- Drink more water; drink less alcohol and caffeinated beverages.
- Eat a larger variety of foods in your diet.
If you have not thought of altering your diet to decrease tension and pain in your neck and head, please give it a try.
One thing you can try is adding Essential Oils to your diet. Learn more by joining the free Ecourse, Essential Oil Basics.